Old Rectory, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7

Grade 2* listed Old Rectory, detached with a large garden. The main house is believed to be Queen Anne, with main additions made in 1860. It is faced with flint knapping at the front with a large garden and more country feel to the rear.

The outdoor area includes off street parking for several vehicles, large lawn areas, a terrace, an expanse of flint walling (including a separately listed frontage and historical archway), mature trees, 3 ponds and a tree house. There is a large detached coach house, believed to have been built in the late 1800s. It is currently used as storage space and has many original features. In the main house there are 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, with 4 large rooms downstairs, including 2 sitting rooms, dining room and a large kitchen diner. There is a large floored, open attic space, which runs the length of the house and has exposed tiles and beams and access to a flat roof area.

Features

  • many windows have original shutters and are either leaded diamond paned or sash windows.=
  • there are a variety of interesting and historic fireplaces
  • two wood burning stoves
  • original features (floor tiles, beams, ceiling roses, cornicing) 
  • interesting front entrance, with Latin inscription above the door
  • treehouse 

Parking

  • Off street parking for several vehicles, and additional parking on the street outside which is free

Access

  • Lewes train station, with connections into London Bridge and Victoria is 3 miles away and Southese station (a small station with connections to Brighton and Lewes) in the next hamlet is 1 mile away.

More details
Category: House Enquire Now